Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A glimmer of light

     Last night was a good night.  We kept waking up waiting for the side affects but nothing happened!  We are going to try to venture out into the sunlight today.  Ken has been pretty weak so he goes mainly from the bed to the recliner.  I know he is frustrated but has come to the conclusion that going back to work full-time is not an option right now while his body is trying to adjust to chemo.
     The kids continue to be kids with their skipping chore duty and constant bickering but somehow that brings normalcy to our life at this point.  Thank goodness for those who call and remind me of things that need to be done this summer for the boys like summer reading books and senior picture dates.  Ken and I have both been overwhelmed by the outpouring of love from friends and family.  Many of the posts I read from other families in our situation complain how friends vanish because that can't deal or don't know what to say.  Our friends don't ask they just DO!!!
      Mom is recovering from her mastectomy and hopefully her drain will be removed soon and her strength will build up again before chemo starts.  I run back and forth between our houses doing whatever I need to for Patty and mom and then back home for Ken.  My grief counselor has said I have moved from shock stage to survival stage which appears is a good think.  My coined phrase of "I'm fine" has been disallowed by my cousin.  She has created ca va bien which is I'm fine in french.  Most days I function on auto pilot until something small  sets me off and releases the waterworks.

Ca Va Bien,
Christina